Friday, March 23, 2007

1987 Ibanez RG550

1987 Ibanez RG550

rg1

This can be argued as on of the best guitars Ibanez has ever made for its time!

It's the 5th guitar I bought. Got it in 2003, off a Seymour Duncan Forum member (sorry I can't remember who it was). Best deal ever!! I had always been GAS-ing for this and I finally got my hands on one!

========================
Specifications:

Made in Japan
Basswood Body
Maple Neck and Fretboard
24 Frets w/ Black Dot Inlays
Edge Double Locking Tremelo (I think that's what it's called)
1 Volume Control
1 Tone Control
5-way Pickup Selector
Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio Steve's Special (DP161, Black/Pink)
Middle Pickup: Agi-Lace Blue Sensor (White)
Neck Pickup: Dimarzio Air Norton (DP193, Black)

========================

I chose the Steve Special and Air Norton because it was a John Petrucci (of Dream Theater) setup. I liked his tone, especially the neck, so I went to check up on them and got it. This guitar is a dream to play! It just feels good whenever it was in my hands, very comfortable feel and of course it looks cool as hell too!

rg2

To me the Steve's Special's tone was a bit scooped. However it because of that, it provided lots of clarity even under high gain, which was a plus for me. Tight bass response and lots of treble to provide the crunch I like.

The Air Norton is probably one of the best neck pickups I've ever tried. Thick, smooth, warm and punchy! It works great for lead playing. That was the main reason why I got it and I am very happy till this date that I choose that pickup.

If you want more information about this guitar, feel free to drop me an e-mail or add me on MSN so that we could discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home