Friday, March 23, 2007

1998 Epiphone Les Paul Slash Custom

1998 Epiphone Les Paul Slash Custom
Some call it the Snakepit Les Paul as well.

slash2

This is the 2nd guitar I bought in 1999 I believe. Got it from EM Short Music (I think that's the name) in Witchita, Kansas. Ordered it through the phone!

=================
Specifications:

Made in Korea
Mahogany Body
22 Frets w/ Trapeziod Inlays
Tun-O-Matic Fixed Bridge
2 Volume Controls
2 Tone Controls
3-way Pickup Selector
Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio Virtual PAF (DP197, Nickel Cover)
Neck Pickup: Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell (DP156, Red/Yellow)
Transparent Red Finish
Slash's Snakepit Logo
====================

My sister bought this for me actually. I was the one who ordered it though.
It was an impulse buy at first because I was a huge Slash fan. So I told myself, what the heck, just give it a shot. I never regretted this purchase at all. Thanks Liz for giving this to me as an early Christmas present.

slash1

At first I wanted to put in Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Hums in both positions. However at the point in time, the Virtual PAF models were new, and there was somewhat of a hype going on about how good it was. Very smooth tone with PAF qualities yet modern sounding at the same time with a certain presence to it. So I decided to try it.

As for the Hum From Hell, I had it as a spare lying around. I tried that in my Jackson but it sounded too thin, so I thought, in a Les Paul it might be pretty good with Les Pauls sounding very thick and all. And I was right, it worked awesome in my Les Paul so it's gonna stay there for good.

slash3

If you want more information about this guitar, feel free to drop me an e-mail or add me on MSN so that we could discuss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same one with Alnico Pro II and Schaller tuner, she ROCKS!

03 May, 2009 10:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just aquiered one of these epiphone slash signature les puals in excelent condition, and i was wondring if anyone knows the value?

16 January, 2011 02:56  
Blogger gunsRock.blogspot.com said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0EW2H2_lwc

27 February, 2011 01:08  
Anonymous San Antonio Snow Removal said...

Thanks for the postt

21 December, 2022 17:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home